- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Anticipate
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
On Dedications, abstract electronic vet Sebastian Meissner pays tribute to personal influences that include Steven Spielberg, Marvin Gaye, a Russian ship worker, and his grandmother. How they impacted his ambient pieces would make for good, idle speculation, but nonetheless his finest work shines here. He has a sharp ear for echo, where one single pluck of a string or a piano chord typically rings and stays afloat in the air long after. His bright drones often resemble sunlight sweeping across a flooded forest floor. In his ode to Gaye and Ol’ Dirty Bastard, he builds a massive orchestral drone that sinks the listener underwater. As for how those men influenced that moment, it’s a question best left unanswered.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player