Klute No One‘s Listening Anymore
- Words: Jennifer Marston
- Label: Commercial Suicide
Tom Withers‘ latest efforts may glisten from a pop-perfect sheen, but don‘t toss this double CD aside as formula-happy fluff. Withers‘ signature moodiness and punk rock ethos are a potent force behind the production on this album, which according to the liner notes is a dart aimed at the eye of mainstream media. Trippy drum kits on tracks like "Silently," synth and bass explosions on "Adult," and the melancholic chords of "Torrential Pain" all make for a melting pot of jungle, breaks, and downbeat well worth dropping into your record bag.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
XLR8R Downloads Player