Knifehandchop How I Left You
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Tigerbeat6
Everyone's gone concept album these days-even the hyperactive hardcore gabba/ragga kids. On How I Left You, Knifehandchop tells a breakup story through music. We start happily with "Goin' Back to Scarborough," which races melodies around and past a chunk of Dr. Dre. But by a few tracks in, even the sweetest piano lines start to become overwhelmed by noise, as on "Girlfriend." The BPMs rarely let up, and as the hour grows later they signify more menace than excitement. Finally, Knifey finds solace where all the newly dumped seem to find it-dancing until dawn to "94 Hardcore."
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player