Knifehandchop How I Left You
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Tigerbeat6
Everyone's gone concept album these days-even the hyperactive hardcore gabba/ragga kids. On How I Left You, Knifehandchop tells a breakup story through music. We start happily with "Goin' Back to Scarborough," which races melodies around and past a chunk of Dr. Dre. But by a few tracks in, even the sweetest piano lines start to become overwhelmed by noise, as on "Girlfriend." The BPMs rarely let up, and as the hour grows later they signify more menace than excitement. Finally, Knifey finds solace where all the newly dumped seem to find it-dancing until dawn to "94 Hardcore."
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsListen to Another Track from Flying Lotus' 'You're Dead!' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player