Kobol Broken Ebony
- Words: Tomas Palermo
- Label: Static Discos
I thought Mathew Herbert had the patent on dissected jazz cut-ups, but Kobol proves me wrong. The Nortec Collective duo‘s debut arrives on Static Discos, Mexico‘s most important techno label, which is fast becoming a trendsetter in modern electronic music. Kobol does for jazz what fellow countryman Murcof does for symphonic classical music-marrying instrumental fragments with intricate, stop/start grooves. And similar to the noir jazz slither of ~scape label‘s Andrew Pekler, or Burnt Friedman‘s tension-filled jazz concoctions, Kobol‘s microscopic beats inhabit the shadows in the wee small hours. A very comfortable place indeed.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player