Kobol Broken Ebony
- Words: Tomas Palermo
- Label: Static Discos
I thought Mathew Herbert had the patent on dissected jazz cut-ups, but Kobol proves me wrong. The Nortec Collective duo‘s debut arrives on Static Discos, Mexico‘s most important techno label, which is fast becoming a trendsetter in modern electronic music. Kobol does for jazz what fellow countryman Murcof does for symphonic classical music-marrying instrumental fragments with intricate, stop/start grooves. And similar to the noir jazz slither of ~scape label‘s Andrew Pekler, or Burnt Friedman‘s tension-filled jazz concoctions, Kobol‘s microscopic beats inhabit the shadows in the wee small hours. A very comfortable place indeed.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player