Kode9 And The Spaceape Kingstown
- Words: Cooper Bethea
- Label: Hyperdub
Flyers for the Digital Mystikz‘s DMZ dubstep night read "Come meditate on bass weight." "Kingstown" closes a single mournful riff around The Spaceape‘s growling indictment of societal violence and alienation until listening becomes a spiritual, introspective experience. Triangle and tablas beat out a twitching post-R&B rhythm and yet there‘s no sex in this: rather, purpose and a cold anger.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player