Kode9 And The Spaceape Kingstown
- Words: Cooper Bethea
- Label: Hyperdub
Flyers for the Digital Mystikz‘s DMZ dubstep night read "Come meditate on bass weight." "Kingstown" closes a single mournful riff around The Spaceape‘s growling indictment of societal violence and alienation until listening becomes a spiritual, introspective experience. Triangle and tablas beat out a twitching post-R&B rhythm and yet there‘s no sex in this: rather, purpose and a cold anger.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player