Kode9 vs. Daddi Gee Sign Of The Dub/Spit
- Words: Ron Nachmann
- Label: Hyperdub
Hyperdub/Dubplate keeper Steve Goodman launches his Hyperdub imprint with two plates of minimalist UK grime arrangements wrapped around ultra-lethargic MC/spoken wordist Daddi Gee's fathoms-deep voice. On the first slab, a throbbing bass tone, a semi-open hi-hat and the occasional eternally echoing dub chord are all that jab at Daddi's recitation of Prince's "Sign of the Times," while half-time garridge fuels the spooky flipside, "Stalker." "Spit," the second record, finds Gee havin' at Public Enemy's "Welcome to the Terrordome" in front of Goodman's chunky, haunted skarage. Order this one up at ya shops.
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsListen to Bodhi's New Single for Ten Thousand Yen
XLR8R Downloads Player