Kpt.michi.gan Player Player
- Words: Selena Hsu
- Label: Aesthetics
Kpt.michi.gan's second album feels like you're sneaking into an abandoned house, left half-constructed, all flaking and crumbling drywall, haphazard piles of shredded lumber, sparely lit by a single flashlight beam. Player Player features some intensely minimal, yet strangely scattered microelectronics that put cracked, fragmented shards of rather loud noise on display. Kpt. doesn't shy away from evocations of machinery, like with the shallow jackhammering of "Weg 3," but the intriguingly hard emptiness of the album turns suddenly on its head with the final track, "Hey Brother," a pretty, mild indietronic pop number complete with twee male vocals.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player