Kpt.michi.gan Player Player
- Words: Selena Hsu
- Label: Aesthetics
Kpt.michi.gan's second album feels like you're sneaking into an abandoned house, left half-constructed, all flaking and crumbling drywall, haphazard piles of shredded lumber, sparely lit by a single flashlight beam. Player Player features some intensely minimal, yet strangely scattered microelectronics that put cracked, fragmented shards of rather loud noise on display. Kpt. doesn't shy away from evocations of machinery, like with the shallow jackhammering of "Weg 3," but the intriguingly hard emptiness of the album turns suddenly on its head with the final track, "Hey Brother," a pretty, mild indietronic pop number complete with twee male vocals.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player