Kraftwerk Tour De France Soundtracks
- Words: Tim Hasle
- Label: Astralwerks
Kraftwerk are surrounded by more myths than the Bible and the Odyssey combined, which makes it difficult to approach the group as if one had never heard of them or their music. Such is the wholly original sound of this album, that if heard without prior knowledge of Kraftwerk, one could imagine these tracks as a radical new movement in the history of electronic music. Even the reworkings of "Tour De France" are so thorough and shot through with tingling, dawn-treader synth chords that the piece sounds entirely novel. The album never loses its forward momentum, and could teach a lot of younger artists what electronics can do. This could have been a bloated, embarrassing, middle-aged record. Instead, it's the beginning of an open quest.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player