Kraftwerk Tour De France Soundtracks
- Words: Tim Hasle
- Label: Astralwerks
Kraftwerk are surrounded by more myths than the Bible and the Odyssey combined, which makes it difficult to approach the group as if one had never heard of them or their music. Such is the wholly original sound of this album, that if heard without prior knowledge of Kraftwerk, one could imagine these tracks as a radical new movement in the history of electronic music. Even the reworkings of "Tour De France" are so thorough and shot through with tingling, dawn-treader synth chords that the piece sounds entirely novel. The album never loses its forward momentum, and could teach a lot of younger artists what electronics can do. This could have been a bloated, embarrassing, middle-aged record. Instead, it's the beginning of an open quest.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player