KRS-One The Krstyle
- Words: Rachel Swan
- Label: Koch-In the Pain
The Johnny Appleseed of hip-hop edutainment strikes again, with scabrous boom-bap beats and lyrics about the upliftment of blackfolk. We already have high expectations of KRS-One, not only to voice discontent over political situations, but to impart durable social truths. And granted, he holds it down in The Krstyle, particularly in the hard-hitting cut "Gunnen Em Down." On the flipside, this characteristically bristly MC regales us with the piano-ribboned, sensitive-guy number "The Only One," in which he uses verbal dopeness to pay homage to his wife. But never fear-in the other cuts, KRS-One returns to his typically pissed-off self.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player