Kudu Death Of A Party
- Words: Steve Marchese
- Label: Nublu
From No Wave and East Village punk to electro and freestyle, Kudu captures the spirit of an entire lifetime of Big Apple radio with unflinching style, energy and innovation. Vocalist Sylvia Gordon is an icon in the making, a sassy combination of Siouxsie Sioux and Poly Styrene had they been part of a Nublu scene once home to Norah Jones and Brazilian Girls. Her rich, voguish delivery fits perfectly into a minimal yet surprisingly chunky mix of keys, percussion and production. Death of A Party is like packing a single bag for an entire week‘s vacation. Bring a few winning outfits, creatively rearrange, and you‘re good to go.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player