L. Pierre Dip
- Words: Tomas Palermo
- Label: Melodic
Opening like a seaside Fellini film, Dip starts with the sounds of gulls, waves, and a distant jazz band playing a mournful dirge. Former Arab Strap member Aidan Moffat takes us on a thematic journey on his third album as L. Pierre, and this one's for the folkies. Acoustic guitars mingle with cello, double bass, and trumpet in a hazy ramble that glows like a sunset. The result is a set of aqueous poems that play out like Nick Drake instrumentals mixed by Biosphere. Dive in.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player