L. Pierre Dip
- Words: Tomas Palermo
- Label: Melodic
Opening like a seaside Fellini film, Dip starts with the sounds of gulls, waves, and a distant jazz band playing a mournful dirge. Former Arab Strap member Aidan Moffat takes us on a thematic journey on his third album as L. Pierre, and this one's for the folkies. Acoustic guitars mingle with cello, double bass, and trumpet in a hazy ramble that glows like a sunset. The result is a set of aqueous poems that play out like Nick Drake instrumentals mixed by Biosphere. Dive in.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player