Lady Saw Strip Tease
- Words: Ross Hogg
- Label: VP
In a singles-based genre like dancehall, cohesive albums are hard to come by, but Capleton pulls it off. The Prophet fills the 20-track offering with rootsy selections like the lead single, "That Day Will Come," a cautionary tale of the rapture. "Ton Load" and "Steppin' Up" stick to conscious themes as well, but he rides hot bashment riddims like Chrome, Red Alert, and Kopa, too. Unlike his past releases, he steers clear of even a single "batty boy" reference; instead, it's up to the listener to determine who's on the receiving end of the fire in tracks like "Burn Dem."
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player