Ladytron Witching Hour
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Ryko
Ladytron keeps the effects-laden vocals they‘re known for, but their blankly cool sound takes on a (slightly) greater range. Opener "High Rise," for instance, grinds with reverb-filled rock. "Destroy Everything You Touch," with the synthetic catchiness that made "Seventeen" such a hit, drives even harder. Not everything works: breakup track "International Dateline" should be far more brutal, but instead feels, well, a lot like everything else. "Amtv" tries to be Devo, but there‘s only room for one Devo. Even with its industrial tilt, this album has plenty of ear candy-it‘s pleasant, if not quite tasty.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player