- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Mute
Like the calm after a storm, Slovenia's Laibach returns after three years with their most mature, powerful record to date. Giving their militant industrial boots a rest, the collective takes national anthems from several countries and converts them into sonatas that summon the anxiety and chaos of today's geopolitical climate. In typical Laibach fashion, "America" is an epic call-to-arms for the proletariat. Tracks like ""Germania"" and ""Slovenia"" invoke the subtle electronics of Múm while maintaining Laibach's trademark anthemic, growling vocals. Volk again solidifies these controversial icons' position in the history of revolutionary music.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
XLR8R Downloads Player