LAL Warm Belly, High Power
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Public Transit
Around the time trip-hop went incognito as "downtempo," boy-girl duo LAL dropped Corners, a breaks-and-vocals effort that unjustly vanished. Five years on, Warm Belly, High Power sends Rosina Kazi‘s lush and nuanced vocals through a conceptual tour of Southeast Asia across the four seasons. Nick Murray keeps the beats up to the high standards of today‘s future jazz programming-check the warped shuffle of "Dancing the Same," the winding bass and negative space in "Creep" or the softly evolving slow-mo jungle dub "Brown Eyed Warrior"-while deftly integrating guest percussionists on tablas, sitars and more. Hot like slow summer nights.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- MP3Son of Sun "Feel Like I Feel (John Daly Remix)"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player