Lamb What Sound
- Words: Jon Weldon
- Label: Koch
It's a good thing the electronica-pop of What Sound re-asserts Lamb's position just enough outside genre classification to free them from popular whimsy, as this, their third album, was first released two years ago. Louise Rhodes's throaty crooning no longer threatens the angsty precipice but has settled into an even, comfortable yearning, while Andy Barlow's soundscapes have also mellowed away from drum & bass experimentation, yet still find more edge than the jazzy tendencies of their second album. In other words, Lamb still thrives on their famous strangeness but now with a friendly sort of transcendence.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player