Lamb What Sound
- Words: Jon Weldon
- Label: Koch
It's a good thing the electronica-pop of What Sound re-asserts Lamb's position just enough outside genre classification to free them from popular whimsy, as this, their third album, was first released two years ago. Louise Rhodes's throaty crooning no longer threatens the angsty precipice but has settled into an even, comfortable yearning, while Andy Barlow's soundscapes have also mellowed away from drum & bass experimentation, yet still find more edge than the jazzy tendencies of their second album. In other words, Lamb still thrives on their famous strangeness but now with a friendly sort of transcendence.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player