Land Shark Land Shark
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Coco Machete-Om
DJ-producer Lance DeSardi brings some solid electro and house to his solo album debut, but solid isn't always enough when he could have pushed it much further. Dancefloor devotees might recognize several tracks here: the synth-driven "Dangerous," with vaguely sleazy male vocals; "Tie Me Up," a thick-bassed house killer with totally sleazy male vocals; and "Slippage," with its somewhat boring monotone. Many of the tracks have a "done that" feel, maybe because DeSardi has actually done them before. For an expectedly edgy, demented album, there's too much that feels like familiar ground.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player