Larytta Difficult Fun
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Creaked
- XLR8R Rating: 8.5/10
This Swiss duo of Guy Meldem and Christian Pahud may be the coolest thing to happen to weird-ass-avant-electro-poppiness since Ween. Difficult Fun is a hallucinogenic ride through an amusement park of off-kilter beats, soothingly psychotic vocals, and multi-dimensional melodies loosely strung together in a surprisingly cohesive format that keeps a smile firmly cramped on your face. “Love Love Odyssey” and “Wonder Vendor” hold things to a familiar and not-too-warped pop format in a Flight of the Conchords kinda way, but tracks like “Voodoo Things” and “Is This Cheese?” unhinge your sense of familiarity with superbly composed music abstractions and guided lyrical ramblings. Turn on, tune in, bug out.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player