Larytta Difficult Fun
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Creaked
- XLR8R Rating: 8.5/10
This Swiss duo of Guy Meldem and Christian Pahud may be the coolest thing to happen to weird-ass-avant-electro-poppiness since Ween. Difficult Fun is a hallucinogenic ride through an amusement park of off-kilter beats, soothingly psychotic vocals, and multi-dimensional melodies loosely strung together in a surprisingly cohesive format that keeps a smile firmly cramped on your face. “Love Love Odyssey” and “Wonder Vendor” hold things to a familiar and not-too-warped pop format in a Flight of the Conchords kinda way, but tracks like “Voodoo Things” and “Is This Cheese?” unhinge your sense of familiarity with superbly composed music abstractions and guided lyrical ramblings. Turn on, tune in, bug out.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player