Las Malas Amistades Patio Bonito
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Honest Jon's
- XLR8R Rating: 4/10
If this album sounds haphazard, there's a reason for that: The Colombian art students that meet to play music together as Las Malas Amistades make up their music at those sessions, using a charity-shop synth, a grab bag of percussion, and a few other instruments to record their bright lo-fi electro-acoustic pop. As a result, the album feels unrehearsed and fresh, raw and intimate. But it also feels, in some ways, lazy. A little structure, some revision, and a willingness to craft songs over the long haul would have made a world of difference here. For every head-turning snippet, there's at least three eye-rolling twee moments. Sporadically interesting at best.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player