- Words: Eric Smillie
- Label: AGF Producktion
It's been five years since we heard from the post-techno duo Laub. Meanwhile, producer and poet/vocalist Antye Greie recorded a string of albums as AGF, guitarist and producer Jotka launched his own web-design firm, and both started families. And, oh yeah, they became blues musicians. Strange as that might seem, Jotka's weary, stripped-down licks á la John Lee Hooker and Muddy Waters (no samples here) slouch perfectly over crackling and popping minimal techno beats. And though she sings only in German, Greie's tough-edged voice nicely rounds out this great, slow-burning return.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player