- Words: Eric Smillie
- Label: AGF Producktion
It's been five years since we heard from the post-techno duo Laub. Meanwhile, producer and poet/vocalist Antye Greie recorded a string of albums as AGF, guitarist and producer Jotka launched his own web-design firm, and both started families. And, oh yeah, they became blues musicians. Strange as that might seem, Jotka's weary, stripped-down licks á la John Lee Hooker and Muddy Waters (no samples here) slouch perfectly over crackling and popping minimal techno beats. And though she sings only in German, Greie's tough-edged voice nicely rounds out this great, slow-burning return.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player