Laurent Garnier 30
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Mute
From establishing techno and house music in his native France to co-authoring a recent book about his adventures as one of the globe's most respected DJs, it's difficult to find something that Laurent Garnier hasn't done well. With his last artist album, Unreasonable Behaviour, boldly straddling the techno and jazz genres, Mute has re-released Garnier's album 30, named for his age at the time it was originally produced. Expect the kind of deeply rhythmic, Detroit-influenced melodic techno that Garnier became known for many years ago, once upon a time, when it still felt new to fall under a DJ's spell.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player