Laurent Garnier 30
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Mute
From establishing techno and house music in his native France to co-authoring a recent book about his adventures as one of the globe's most respected DJs, it's difficult to find something that Laurent Garnier hasn't done well. With his last artist album, Unreasonable Behaviour, boldly straddling the techno and jazz genres, Mute has re-released Garnier's album 30, named for his age at the time it was originally produced. Expect the kind of deeply rhythmic, Detroit-influenced melodic techno that Garnier became known for many years ago, once upon a time, when it still felt new to fall under a DJ's spell.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player