Laurent Garnier The Cloud Making Machine
- Words: Rob Wood
- Label: F Com-PIAS
Unlike his most successful album to date, Unreasonable Behaviour, The Cloud Making Machine is not a record to dance to. With its bombastic artwork it sets itself up as a concept album, perhaps a soundtrack to an imaginary film. Consequentially, dark and brooding (and supposedly cinematic) electronic blues pieces lie at the heart of Garnier‘s new long-player. Collaborations occur with Norway‘s jazz pianist Bugge Wesseltoft and Scan X, all the right noises are made, and Garnier‘s eclectic taste and love for Detroit are all present and accounted for. Unfortunately, what‘s lacking are dynamic songwriting ideas on the scale of his tour de force The Man With The Red Face.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player