Lazyfish and Alexandroid Os
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: K20
Rather suspiciously, one of these producer's names has "fish" in it, perhaps slyly suggesting the origin of this overtly aquatic music for mermaids, mermen and dolphin/pirate hybrids who spend at least 80% of their time submerged at daring, deep-sea depths. Underwater living never seemed so aurally appealing as on OS, with the massaging ambient kelp forests of "Pink-Blue," the dense oxygen-bubble blanket of thudding melodic IDM shards on "Wo Yow," or the shimmering sunken treasures of "Sokol" (with special underwater Theremin!). Go on, spend some time submerged with the mermaids.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player