Lazyfish and Alexandroid Os
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: K20
Rather suspiciously, one of these producer's names has "fish" in it, perhaps slyly suggesting the origin of this overtly aquatic music for mermaids, mermen and dolphin/pirate hybrids who spend at least 80% of their time submerged at daring, deep-sea depths. Underwater living never seemed so aurally appealing as on OS, with the massaging ambient kelp forests of "Pink-Blue," the dense oxygen-bubble blanket of thudding melodic IDM shards on "Wo Yow," or the shimmering sunken treasures of "Sokol" (with special underwater Theremin!). Go on, spend some time submerged with the mermaids.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player