LCD Soundsystem Sound of Silver
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: DFA-Capitol
LCD Soundsystem's James Murphy is a canny studio Zelig who refracts multifold styles through his rarefied sensibilities. Sound of Silver surpasses LCD's patchy 2005 debut album, achieving a scintillating balance between high-NRG rhythmic verve and appealing melodies. Disregarding maudlin piano ballad "New York I Love You," LCD loads their second LP with perpetual-motion machine grooves (often glazed with odd electronic effects and accentuated by cowbells). "Get Innocuous" sets the tone, merging the clipped synth wiggle from Kraftwerk's "The Robots" with Murphy's monkish intonations. Silver abounds with funky dance-rock anthems that'll please both bedroom trainspotters and clubbers seeking uplifting bangers.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player