Le Loup The Throne of the Third Heaven of the Nations' Millennium General Assembly
- Words: Ross Holland
- Label: Hardly Art
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
With so much indie rock these days sounding like, well, other indie rock, it's refreshing to hear an LP like Le Loup's The Throne. The Washington, DC eight-piece's debut drifts through folk experimentation and electronic pop with a level of emotion, intellect, and sincerity that seems increasingly hard to come by. Based conceptually in the work of both Dante and outsider artist James Hampton, The Throne exhibits how pop can be both highly emotive and intellectually abstruse, how the human voice can be the loneliest or most commanding of instruments, and how the smallest melody can somehow become a revolutionary statement. Ultimately, The Throne reminds us why we call musicians "artists" in the first place.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player