Les Georges Leningrad Sangue Puro
- Words: Alexander Posell
- Label: Tomlab
Montreal's art-rock freaks are back with another installment of weirdness, this time sounding surprisingly normal. Though still infatuated with antics (check "Lonely Lonely" for true absurdity), overall this LP feels less like an art piece and more like "regular" post-punk. Perhaps this reflects a move away from the production-oriented aesthetic of their earlier Black Eskimo towards a more live sound; too bad it didn't go the other way around. Though salvaged by interesting moments such as "The Future for Less" and "Eli Eli," by and large Sangue Puro seems like a step backwards.
- GearThis Week in Music Tech: Mike Huckaby's Ableton Masterclass, In the Studio with Gregor Tresher and Ziro, and More
- NewsPaul Johnson, Jerome LOL, Untold, The Gaslamp Killer, and More Added to Together 2014
- MP3Alcides "Violeta (El Remolón Remix)"
- MP3Arp "White Light"
- MP3Copywrite "Forever and a Day"
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
- Hi-Five - DJ Q Reminisces About His Five Favorite UK Garage Bootlegs
XLR8R Downloads Player