Leyode Fascinating Tininess
- Words: Stacy Meyn
- Label: Eastern Developments
Landing on Scott "Prefuse 73" Herren's Eastern Developments imprint allowed the Atlanta-to-NYC-based duo of Yusuke Hama and Laurel Wells to get all cinematic on Fascinating Tininess, fusing samples, beats, and loopy, ethereal vocals into a psychy-trippy-folky brew splendid for movie soundtracks. The pair's plan was to create sound for French New Wave film clips, and things inevitably blossomed when Leyode's lounge filled with Savath y Savalas (yet another Herren alter-ego), Patrick Ferrell, REDROOM, and Leb-Laze. Featuring Herren, "Hassami" is choice material, its noodly opening and stuttering rhythm propelling both his and Wells' voices as they weave together like a medieval tapestry. "Sophie" is another glitchy standout, burping and hiccupping along, yet smoothed over by dreamy vocalizations.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player