Liaisons Dangereuses S/t
- Words: Dan Sicko
- Label: Hit Thing
More Jules Verne than Toffler, Liaisons Dangereuses' designs on tomorrow must have appealed just as much to Derrick May and Carl Craig. Or maybe it was their subversive nature-implant a kernel of chaos into otherwise quantized funk. In 1981, there weren't too many others making machines swing as hard as they do on "Peut Etre Pas" or "Los Ninos Del Parque." Except for Kraftwerk, of course. With all the reference and reverence of them, it would be easy to pass up a project such as Liaisons Dangereuses. This long overdue history lesson should seed some exciting new futures.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player