Lindstrøm & Prins Thomas II
- Words: Michael Harkin
- Label: Eskimo
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
The venerated Norwegian pair of Hans-Peter Lindstrøm and Thomas M. Hermansen (Prins Thomas) has knocked out deadly remixes and epic-length DJ sets together for six years, but with II, their second proper album following a 2006 self-titled full-length, they’ve split open and brilliantly rearranged their cerebral, cloud-hopping aesthetic into a rougher, delightfully haphazard shape. II’s eight discrete parts, spread over 99 tracks, manage to shift gears radically yet gracefully between the stardust-spangled chug of “For Ett Slikk Og Ingenting” and the vibraphone-laden post-rock textures found on “Skal Vi Proeve Naa?," also making time for space disco sheen on “Rett Paa” and “Rothaus.” Although it’s much more of a headphone phenomenon than L&PT’s past works, II provides plenty of its own special thrills.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player