Lindstrøm Where You Go I Go Too
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Feedelity-Smalltown Supersound
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Much as Art Deco strove to amalgamate early 20th Century forms into function, the asymmetrical ’80s attempted compartmentalizing ’70s flow. Every few decades, monolithic excess and avant empathy couple for understanding. Such is the case on this solo debut by Norway’s Arpeggio Ambassador and Kosmische Portamento Prince. Three tracks (one 28 minutes long) progress almost an hour, beardo-disco carefully sequencing urbane rhythmic darting with Balearic dyes that complement the synth-prog motifs of Jarre, Cerrone, Moroder, Faltermeyer, and Göttsching. When a lesser artist suspends ruffled melodies it can lead to an overly moony phenomenon known as the “aurora boring-all-us.” But Lindstrøm gradually converges panting intervals of analog travelogues, the polychrome orchestration crowning into a stepped monument to retro-modernism.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player