Little Dragon Machine Dreams
Machine Dreams, the second album by Sweden's Little Dragon, treads similar territory as The Knife's Deep Cuts. Sure there are some differences—Little Dragon's instrumentation is largely influenced by Prince-styled sex jams and Tom Tom Club's percussive R&B—but songs like "Feather" and "Looking Glass" are direct descendants of The Knife's contemporary classic "Heartbeats." Things do get a bit more interesting when singer Yukimi Nagano and the rest of band allow their compositions to breathe. "A New" starts the album off with a slow-burning pace and enough atmosphere to make TV on the Radio jealous, and "Blinking Pigs," possibly Machine Dreams' best song, somehow transforms from an ominous synth workout to a strangely upbeat and poignant ballad.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player