Little Roy Children of the Most High
- Words: David Katz
- Label: Pharos
Little Roy recorded several reggae classics during the ‘60s and ‘70s, re-surfacing in London in the mid-1990s to cut the Longtime album with Adrian Sherwood and More From a Little with the lesser-known Lion outfit. His latest effort comes from Pharos, a label rekindling London‘s live reggae scene. The strongest numbers are those that are least familiar: the censorious "Membership Card," "Bomazee," and "False Talk" are all delivered in Roy‘s distinctive style, and, although the few cover tunes that round out the set pale by comparison, the album is suitably competent overall.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- FeatureGet Familiar: thePeople
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Wildildlife "Nervous Buzzing (Hours of Worship Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player