Lizz Fields Bydaybynight
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: self-released
The second thing you notice about Lizz Fields's debut album bydaybynight, besides Fields's beautiful voice, is how much farther she could have taken it-but didn't. The self-produced CD has some high points; on opener "I Gotta Go," Fields shows some great nuance, and "Star Gazer" is solid on all fronts. But many of the songs sound too alike, treading and re-treading much of the same territory. It's souled-out and mellow ground, yes, but you still wish for something to help Fields take that one more step into greatness; she sounds like she could have it in her.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player