LMS London 2 Paris
- Words: Jesse Serwer
- Label: VP
A schizophrenic mixture of Jah-fueled roots rockers, reggae lite, contemporary dancehall, straight hip-hop and guitar-laced fusion, the fourth album by Morgan Heritage refugees Laza, Miriam and Shy-Poo-three of the 29 children fathered by reggae "sire" Denroy Morgan–bounces from style to style without ever finding its groove. While such cocktails are almost standard issue with reggae artist albums these days, London 2 Paris is particularly void of consistency and suffers from an overuse of the vocoder that would have even Roger Troutman turning in his grave. A rare strikeout for VP, which has been producing increasingly consistent material as of late.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player