- Words: Jimmy V
- Label: Sober
The past three years have seen nu-skool breaks embrace its Berlin and Detroit electro past head-on, with everyone from pioneer Afrika Bambaataa to Rennie Pilgrim coating their beats in a synthetic ‘80s gloss. This debut from Sober Records nods in that direction on its two mixes of "D-Town," where shades of Gap Band and Cybotron lurk in the background, but the foreground belongs to enormous, compressed, and neck-snapping modern breakbeats. Peak-time biznezz.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player