The Locust New Erections
- Words: Robbie Mackey
- Label: Anti-
New Erections is about as close this San Diego flailcore four-piece has ever come to pop music. Of course, "close" is still pretty far away when your back-catalog is a bunch of bleating screeches, squealing guitars, math-spazzing, and blast-beaten percussion hiccups all squeezed into tangled fits shorter than your favorite ringtone. Nevertheless, the change is tough to ignore on New Erections, where bassist/vocalist Justin Pearson has turned his blood-curdling shriek into an unruly growl, and The Locust's finally fit some mood swings and extended dynamic shifts into their characteristic 50-second freak-outs. Spazzcore growing up? Hardly. The Locust spreading its wings? For sure.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player