Lomax, Kubiks & Bcee Do We Fall
- Words: Tomas Palermo
- Label: Wildstyle
Only on its eighth release, Wildstyle has infused the drum & bass scene with the same kind of quality music and intricate arrangements that Defunked and Soul:r initiated a few years ago. Both sides of this single feature super-clean drum programming, sparse, sweet swathes of pads, string samples and an array of ear-catching sound effects. I‘m partial to Lomax and Bcee‘s exotic and shimmering track Impossible "Dream," built on atmospheric Arp synths, orchestral strings and a Turkish flute riff. Dreamy.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player