Lomax, Kubiks & Bcee Do We Fall
- Words: Tomas Palermo
- Label: Wildstyle
Only on its eighth release, Wildstyle has infused the drum & bass scene with the same kind of quality music and intricate arrangements that Defunked and Soul:r initiated a few years ago. Both sides of this single feature super-clean drum programming, sparse, sweet swathes of pads, string samples and an array of ear-catching sound effects. I‘m partial to Lomax and Bcee‘s exotic and shimmering track Impossible "Dream," built on atmospheric Arp synths, orchestral strings and a Turkish flute riff. Dreamy.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player