London Sinfonietta Warp Works & Twentieth Century Masters
- Words: Robbie Mackey
- Label: Warp
When a record pairs the work of admired avant-garde composers with Warp Records electronic artists, discussion gravitates toward the two camps' shared spaces. The work of Squarepusher's Tom Jenkinson bears much more resemblance to the tape looping of Steve Reich than, say, sexy being brought back by Justin Timberlake. Like waiting for your turn in a conversation, the manner in which this record operates-placing compositions side by side instead of attempting misguided mergers-demonstrates a level of shared respect between the two worlds.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
XLR8R Downloads Player