The Loop Orchestra Not Overtly Orchestral
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Quecksilber
No one can accuse The Loop Orchestra of being too hasty with their releases: this is the Australian group's third album in more than 20 years. But the patience behind their release schedule mirrors the music they make. The four tracks here were created with reel-to-reel tape, chunks looped over and under each other to create pieces like "Radiophony," where animal cries evolve through the gonging of a tower bell into bass that beats like a heart. The album's overall effect is calming, soothing against the jarring pace of day.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player