The Loop Orchestra Not Overtly Orchestral
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Quecksilber
No one can accuse The Loop Orchestra of being too hasty with their releases: this is the Australian group's third album in more than 20 years. But the patience behind their release schedule mirrors the music they make. The four tracks here were created with reel-to-reel tape, chunks looped over and under each other to create pieces like "Radiophony," where animal cries evolve through the gonging of a tower bell into bass that beats like a heart. The album's overall effect is calming, soothing against the jarring pace of day.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player