Lory D Sounds Never Seen
- Words: Julia Chan
- Label: Rephlex
Assembled as a disjointed tracklist rather than a set, Lory D takes hard techno to its most sinister level with Sounds Never Seen-the name of his new album and his Italian label. From beginning to end, we hear typically plodding techno sounds programmed in very atypical ways. An experienced early-'90s producer, Lory creates an audio playground of old-skool drum machines and sci-fi influenced synths all on a slight electro tip, like Morroder tracks refunked by Juan Atkins. With its robot noises, laser sounds and echo effects, Sounds Never Seen is on top of its game. And who doesn't love robot noises?
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player