Lory D Sounds Never Seen
- Words: Julia Chan
- Label: Rephlex
Assembled as a disjointed tracklist rather than a set, Lory D takes hard techno to its most sinister level with Sounds Never Seen-the name of his new album and his Italian label. From beginning to end, we hear typically plodding techno sounds programmed in very atypical ways. An experienced early-'90s producer, Lory creates an audio playground of old-skool drum machines and sci-fi influenced synths all on a slight electro tip, like Morroder tracks refunked by Juan Atkins. With its robot noises, laser sounds and echo effects, Sounds Never Seen is on top of its game. And who doesn't love robot noises?
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player