Los Chicharrones When the Sun Goes Down
- Words: Paul Sullivan
- Label: Vood
When they were signed to Tummy Touch, Los Chicharrons were a boisterous two-man party, inclined towards funky shenanigans and cheeky Latin licks. With this third LP on their own label, they've seemingly transformed into an introspective downtempo act. The elongated arrangements, soulfully slick grooves and warm, supine vibes they've embraced here aren't original enough to stand up as staggering works of genius, but the beats and songwriting are of a decent caliber. Fans may be relieved when the second half of the LP reverts back to their usual madcap antics.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player