HEALTH Get Color
If HEALTH's self-titled debut was a warning flare, then consider Get Color an all-out aerial assault. The L.A. Smell veterans have always been impressively noisy, but the band's sophomore effort finds them wielding all their fuzz, static, and sonic squall in the service of potent and powerful songs. Guitars are razor-sharp and distortion-heavy. Thunderous drums and menacing electronics recall the fury of '80s industrial. Where the ethereal vocals were once swallowed up in aural mayhem, they now woozily float along and provide an effective counterpoint to all the cacophony. From the aggressive opening notes of "In Heat" to the infectious bombast of "Die Slow" and "We are Water" to the shoegazing dirge of album closer "In Violet," Get Color is a beast.
Read: HEALTH's Guide to L.A.
Watch: "Die Slow"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player