HEALTH Get Color
If HEALTH's self-titled debut was a warning flare, then consider Get Color an all-out aerial assault. The L.A. Smell veterans have always been impressively noisy, but the band's sophomore effort finds them wielding all their fuzz, static, and sonic squall in the service of potent and powerful songs. Guitars are razor-sharp and distortion-heavy. Thunderous drums and menacing electronics recall the fury of '80s industrial. Where the ethereal vocals were once swallowed up in aural mayhem, they now woozily float along and provide an effective counterpoint to all the cacophony. From the aggressive opening notes of "In Heat" to the infectious bombast of "Die Slow" and "We are Water" to the shoegazing dirge of album closer "In Violet," Get Color is a beast.
Read: HEALTH's Guide to L.A.
Watch: "Die Slow"
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player