Luciano Tribute to the Sun
On the aptly named Tribute to the Sun, Luciano (a.k.a. Lucien Nicolet) fleshes out sub-tropical Latin and pan-African rhythms that have always shared a tonal palette with his darker Chicago- and Detroit-inspired productions. "Celestial" sounds like it reads, with a melody (courtesy of a vocal sample from Keren Ann's "Liberty") made in heaven, pushed even higher on the back of an ascending bassline. Bruno Bieri and Omri Hason add percussive worldbeat contributions to "Hang for Bruno" and Senegal's Ali Boulo Santo lends his vocals to the ethno-tribal stomp of "Africa Sweat." And for the ravers who stick it out, there's some payoff on the back end with "Metodisma" and "Oenologue," fierce tracks peppered with zany laughter and sundry calls of the wild.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player