Luke Solomon The Difference Engine
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Rekids
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Luke Solomon better shrink the font on his resume. Besides his work as Classic Recordings co-founder, DJ, producer, and member of Freaks, he’s now dropping a debut full-length as a solo artist. A fixture on the London scene for almost two decades, Solomon has made an album of electro goodness, with horns boozy and otherwise (“The Beat Goes,” “Liquid”), psychologically confessional vocals (“Out of Control”), and weirdly rich strings (“Martin, a Cello and Me”). Throughout are flourishes of house, jazz, techno, and more, all sliced and diced into something new under Solomon’s hand. Sure, his other projects are great, but with an album this good, here’s hoping he stays focused on that solo thing for awhile.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player