- Words: Selena Hsu
- Label: The Agriculture
The Agriculture label's been packing up and sending out treats from Brooklyn that are tricky in composition, complex in reference and totally listenable. With Anyways, Lunchbox (a mostly Swiss trio that includes DJ Olive) turns from fragile, gurgling, unidentifiable vocal snippets to thunderous African beats on the thinnest of wires; the resulting filigree of vinyl squawks, stutterstep samples and swaying funk is a tight, fine weave. Key track "Peanut Butter and Jelly" is anything but ordinary with its slurping beat and haunting, minor key lilt. Better than a thermos full of punch and a note from mom.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player