Lymbyc Systym Shutter Release
Opening with a flurry of toms and sparse, echoing guitars, Lymbyc Systym's second album, Shutter Release, is another instrumental electronic pop effort from brothers Jared and Michael Bell. The album's increased sonic depth (care of Explosions in the Sky producer John Congleton) helps open up their Mice Parade-esque hypnotic electro-pop with an increased sonic palette and spacious mixes while showcasing the duo's musical growth with its ethereal songwriting and hushed melodies. In a genre where cute sounds can often replace real ideas, Shutter Release is filled with memorable songs that build from their arrangements into hummable, delicate slices of electronic twee.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player