Lymbyc Systym Shutter Release
Opening with a flurry of toms and sparse, echoing guitars, Lymbyc Systym's second album, Shutter Release, is another instrumental electronic pop effort from brothers Jared and Michael Bell. The album's increased sonic depth (care of Explosions in the Sky producer John Congleton) helps open up their Mice Parade-esque hypnotic electro-pop with an increased sonic palette and spacious mixes while showcasing the duo's musical growth with its ethereal songwriting and hushed melodies. In a genre where cute sounds can often replace real ideas, Shutter Release is filled with memorable songs that build from their arrangements into hummable, delicate slices of electronic twee.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player