Lymbyc Systym Shutter Release
Opening with a flurry of toms and sparse, echoing guitars, Lymbyc Systym's second album, Shutter Release, is another instrumental electronic pop effort from brothers Jared and Michael Bell. The album's increased sonic depth (care of Explosions in the Sky producer John Congleton) helps open up their Mice Parade-esque hypnotic electro-pop with an increased sonic palette and spacious mixes while showcasing the duo's musical growth with its ethereal songwriting and hushed melodies. In a genre where cute sounds can often replace real ideas, Shutter Release is filled with memorable songs that build from their arrangements into hummable, delicate slices of electronic twee.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
XLR8R Downloads Player