A.M. Architect The Road to the Sun
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Exponential
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Comprised of producers Diego “Aether” Chavez and Daniel Stanush, San Antonio duo A.M. Architect offers a complex-but-cool brand of lounge-ready beats on its digital-only debut. What especially works for Chavez and Stanush here is how they combine multiple components into a groove that’s often fairly accessible. The folktronic “Upon” is one the album’s standouts, with its glitchy acoustic guitar parts and mellow keys carefully weaving in and out of the downtempo percussion. Yes, some tracks are reminiscent of other artists (e.g. Boom Bip), but ultimately A.M. Architect is on its way to building a new sound straight out of South Texas.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player