A.M. Architect The Road to the Sun
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Exponential
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Comprised of producers Diego “Aether” Chavez and Daniel Stanush, San Antonio duo A.M. Architect offers a complex-but-cool brand of lounge-ready beats on its digital-only debut. What especially works for Chavez and Stanush here is how they combine multiple components into a groove that’s often fairly accessible. The folktronic “Upon” is one the album’s standouts, with its glitchy acoustic guitar parts and mellow keys carefully weaving in and out of the downtempo percussion. Yes, some tracks are reminiscent of other artists (e.g. Boom Bip), but ultimately A.M. Architect is on its way to building a new sound straight out of South Texas.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player