A.M. Architect The Road to the Sun
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Exponential
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Comprised of producers Diego “Aether” Chavez and Daniel Stanush, San Antonio duo A.M. Architect offers a complex-but-cool brand of lounge-ready beats on its digital-only debut. What especially works for Chavez and Stanush here is how they combine multiple components into a groove that’s often fairly accessible. The folktronic “Upon” is one the album’s standouts, with its glitchy acoustic guitar parts and mellow keys carefully weaving in and out of the downtempo percussion. Yes, some tracks are reminiscent of other artists (e.g. Boom Bip), but ultimately A.M. Architect is on its way to building a new sound straight out of South Texas.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player