M∏m Yesterday Was Dramatic, Today is OK
- Words: Rachel Shimp
- Label: Morr
Last year‘s Summer Make Good was the sound of a lighthouse being abandoned by its tender: creaking wood, climbing waves, flickering candles and empty pantries. It‘s a somber progression from 2002‘s twinkling Finally We Are No One, and Müm‘s experimental debut Yesterday outshines both. Released on Icelandic label Thule in 2000, Müm lost the rights to it until this year. The chamber lullabies they‘re known for evolved from Yesterday‘s tangle of clicks, like the gorgeously dense, nine-minute "Smell Memory." As Müm‘s current trajectory takes them further out to sea, Yesterday is a treasure chest of gems from that same locale.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player