M∏m Yesterday Was Dramatic, Today is OK
- Words: Rachel Shimp
- Label: Morr
Last year‘s Summer Make Good was the sound of a lighthouse being abandoned by its tender: creaking wood, climbing waves, flickering candles and empty pantries. It‘s a somber progression from 2002‘s twinkling Finally We Are No One, and Müm‘s experimental debut Yesterday outshines both. Released on Icelandic label Thule in 2000, Müm lost the rights to it until this year. The chamber lullabies they‘re known for evolved from Yesterday‘s tangle of clicks, like the gorgeously dense, nine-minute "Smell Memory." As Müm‘s current trajectory takes them further out to sea, Yesterday is a treasure chest of gems from that same locale.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player