M∏m Yesterday Was Dramatic, Today is OK
- Words: Rachel Shimp
- Label: Morr
Last year‘s Summer Make Good was the sound of a lighthouse being abandoned by its tender: creaking wood, climbing waves, flickering candles and empty pantries. It‘s a somber progression from 2002‘s twinkling Finally We Are No One, and Müm‘s experimental debut Yesterday outshines both. Released on Icelandic label Thule in 2000, Müm lost the rights to it until this year. The chamber lullabies they‘re known for evolved from Yesterday‘s tangle of clicks, like the gorgeously dense, nine-minute "Smell Memory." As Müm‘s current trajectory takes them further out to sea, Yesterday is a treasure chest of gems from that same locale.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player