M83 Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghost
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Mute
Sometimes you play music. Other times music plays you. French duo M83 picks up where Air left off, and creates something that could be called electrogaze. Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts delivers the melancholy promised by the title, with tidal sweeps of synthesizer and wordless sighs tumbling throughout, but the mysterious uplift of bands like Spiritualized is at play here too. Choruses of organs, digital murmurs, burbling drum machines and more combine to create a sonic vortex that is all but impossible not to fall into. Simultaneously forbidding and inviting, M83 delivers the comfort of the familiar along with the shock of the new.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player