Maayan Nidam Nightlong
- Words: Chris Sabbath
- Label: Powershovelaudio
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Berlin beauty Maayan Nidam of Miss Fitz and Spunky Brewster notoriety swan dives into the world of Cuban cadence and rhythm and makes quite a splash on her debut full-length, Nightlong, impregnating her electronic foray with a tropical touch. The album kicks off with a little vamped-up lounge number titled “Dime Si Eres Tu”—it’s got the ambience of a Twin Peaks episode with some brass and Spanish vocals added to the mix. Follow-up tracks like “Soltando Chispa” and “Tengo” are somewhat more in line with Nidam’s usual output, as both parade a hash of synths and ethnic sounds to a minimal thud. A decent selection if your taste buds are craving a trip near the equator.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player