Maayan Nidam Nightlong
- Words: Chris Sabbath
- Label: Powershovelaudio
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Berlin beauty Maayan Nidam of Miss Fitz and Spunky Brewster notoriety swan dives into the world of Cuban cadence and rhythm and makes quite a splash on her debut full-length, Nightlong, impregnating her electronic foray with a tropical touch. The album kicks off with a little vamped-up lounge number titled “Dime Si Eres Tu”—it’s got the ambience of a Twin Peaks episode with some brass and Spanish vocals added to the mix. Follow-up tracks like “Soltando Chispa” and “Tengo” are somewhat more in line with Nidam’s usual output, as both parade a hash of synths and ethnic sounds to a minimal thud. A decent selection if your taste buds are craving a trip near the equator.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player