Maayan Nidam Nightlong
- Words: Chris Sabbath
- Label: Powershovelaudio
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Berlin beauty Maayan Nidam of Miss Fitz and Spunky Brewster notoriety swan dives into the world of Cuban cadence and rhythm and makes quite a splash on her debut full-length, Nightlong, impregnating her electronic foray with a tropical touch. The album kicks off with a little vamped-up lounge number titled “Dime Si Eres Tu”—it’s got the ambience of a Twin Peaks episode with some brass and Spanish vocals added to the mix. Follow-up tracks like “Soltando Chispa” and “Tengo” are somewhat more in line with Nidam’s usual output, as both parade a hash of synths and ethnic sounds to a minimal thud. A decent selection if your taste buds are craving a trip near the equator.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player