Maayan Nidam Nightlong
- Words: Chris Sabbath
- Label: Powershovelaudio
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Berlin beauty Maayan Nidam of Miss Fitz and Spunky Brewster notoriety swan dives into the world of Cuban cadence and rhythm and makes quite a splash on her debut full-length, Nightlong, impregnating her electronic foray with a tropical touch. The album kicks off with a little vamped-up lounge number titled “Dime Si Eres Tu”—it’s got the ambience of a Twin Peaks episode with some brass and Spanish vocals added to the mix. Follow-up tracks like “Soltando Chispa” and “Tengo” are somewhat more in line with Nidam’s usual output, as both parade a hash of synths and ethnic sounds to a minimal thud. A decent selection if your taste buds are craving a trip near the equator.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player